What is Xylo Karate?
It is a positive reward system that allows the children to learn at their own pace, rewarding them with coloured belts when a level is mastered.
How does the program work?
Students are given the books which they can work through at their own speed at home. In class they are tested when they have finished learning a song. If it sounds good, has the correct rhythms and notes, they receive the corresponding coloured belt for that piece.
What instrument is it for?
It is for a “Xylophone” that has at least one octave C to C, with no “black notes”.
Just for a Xylophone?
No... This program works for any diatonic 8 note (or more) Xylophone, Metallophone or Glockenspiel.
What is in the Kit?
1. Five different versions of the same material. Use what works for your situation.
Two are designed for students to use and fit on just four sheets double sided.
The other three versions are designed mainly for teachers.
2. Suggestions for teaching that I have found to work.
3. A template for making a practice instrument for the children to take home and practice.
4. Listening tracks so the student can hear how the pieces go.
5. Practice tracks for numbers 6 - 9 (Purple to Black) at a slower tempo.
6. Nine pieces or songs which are:
** These tunes have been slightly modified to fit the limited range of notes available. There is no reason why the proper notes could not be substituted for students who have more than one octave and a chromatic instrument available