Also included in
- A great St Patrick's Day Activity Bundle the children will love to make. A combination of simple STEAM ideas (mechanics of a paper puppet, maths in origami), fun bookmarks and St Patrick's Day Shamrock decorations (which can be made individually or combine to make garlands). Aimed to develop fine mo$8.50$11.00Save $2.50
Yarn wrapping projects are great for dexterity and fine motor skills. The resulting yarn wrapped projects make adorable decorations. Children will love this simple process with adorable results. A great St Patrick's Day Activity for Preschool and beyond.
The project can be extended or simplified by adding the step of painting your cardboard first or using plain cardboard/ green cardboard instead.
The key to yarn wrapping, is to keep changing directions and spreading your wrapping out evenly. You do not have to cover the whole surface.
This makes for a lovely project to compliment ant St. Patrick’s Day activities or study units!
4 Page printable includes:
* 1 lesson plan overview
* Worksheet instructions
* Shamrock printable - 4 shamrocks per sheet
* Shamrock printable - 2 shamrocks per sheet
Use these yarn wrapped shamrocks as:
· a collaborative garland,
· individually on the wall,
· combined as a seasonal mobile or
· glued on the front of seasonal greeting cards.
· Developing fine motor skills
· Cutting skills
· Reading and following instructions
· Seasonal Activity
- Cardboard – can be recycled or green
- Green yarn (use two colors for extra contrast)
- Green paint (optional)
- Scissors & brushes
- Googly eyes and felt/ card (optional face)