Also included in
- This à la cART art bundle is for elementary classroom teachers or home schoolers – full of projects inspired by the Japanese contemporary artist, Yayoi Kusama. Each lesson has been successfully tested and used with TK (Transitional Kindergarten) to grade 5 students. It starts with an easy project, aPrice $20.00Original Price $27.50Save $7.50
This à la cART lesson introduces students to the avant-garde artist Yayoi Kusama and her collection of “Butterfly” paintings. They will use oil pastels and water color paint to create their own butterfly.
You will Receive
- 13-page, non-editable PDF
- a single class (45-60 minute) duration art project
- an introduction script to read aloud with questions to engage students
- list of different art techniques used
- step-by-step instructions with pictures
- gallery of student work
- common core art standards
Total of 13 pages
I design à la cART lessons to be completed with simple art supplies as it is difficult enough trying to cart materials from one classroom to another.
Approximate Time Needed
The time needed will depend on the age group of students but usually takes approximately 45 - 60 minutes for the read-aloud introduction, art lesson and clean up.
Read Aloud Introduction
You do NOT need any art and / or art history knowledge to teach à la cART lessons – it is all laid out for you. The read-aloud introduction introduces the artist and explains art movement and techniques pertinent to the lesson; with questions guiding student conversation.
I like using visuals to support my lessons. Due to copyright infringement, the art pieces are not included but I have listed the artist and title of the artwork. You can do a Google image search and then share with the class by projecting on a smartboard or whiteboard.
Common Core Art Standards
(3.VA:Cr2.1) Create personally satisfying artwork using a variety of artistic processes and materials.
Perfect for grades TK – 3, homeschooling
Thank you for visiting my store. Please stay Connected!
You can see ALL my art projects in one place by clicking www.irmagrant.com
Instagram – follow À la cART Teacher to be the first to learn about new products and reduced prices.
I welcome feedback. If you have any ideas or concerns, please email me directly at email@example.com
Art Cart Teacher
In downloading this item, you agree that you are purchasing a single user license limited to single classroom use only. It does not give you copyright. All teaching materials sold by à la cART Teaching are for personal classroom use only and may not be adapted, re-sold, distributed, or translated into any other language for re-sale. You may not remove the graphic credit in any of my teaching materials.
In order to legally use this resource in more than one classroom or district, you will require a multiple user license.