Also included in
- This À la cART art bundle is for elementary classroom teachers or home schoolers – full of projects inspired by the Japanese contemporary artist, Yayoi Kusama. Each lesson has been successfully tested and used with TK (Transitional Kindergarten) to grade 5 students. It starts with an easy project, a$20.00$27.50Save $7.50
Students love playing this dice game to create a Yayoi Kusama “My Eternal Soul” inspired acrylic painting. By rolling the die, they collect the different parts required: borders, eyes, worms, faces – all elements taken from Ms Kusama’s vast collection of “My Eternal Soul” series.
You will Receive
- 13-page, non-editable PDF
- a single class (60 - 90 minute) duration art project
- an introduction script to read aloud with questions to engage students
- list of different art techniques used
- step-by-step instructions with pictures
- roll-a-die game
- gallery of student work
- common core art standards
I designed this lesson to be completed with simple supplies: paper, pencils, black sharpies, photocopies of roll-a-dice master, dice, small paint brushes, and acrylic paint.
Approximate Time Needed
The time needed will depend on the age group of students but usually takes approximately 60 – 90 minutes for the read-aloud introduction, art lesson and clean up.
Read Aloud Introduction
You do NOT need any art and / or art history knowledge to teach À la cART lessons – it is all laid out for you. The read-aloud introduction introduces the artist and explains art movement and techniques pertinent to the lesson; with questions guiding student conversation.
I like using visuals to support my lessons. Due to copyright infringement, the art pieces are not included but I have listed the artist and title of the artwork. You can do a Google image search and then share with the class by projecting on a smartboard or whiteboard.
Common Core Art Standards
(4. VA:Cr2.1.4a) Explore and invent art-making techniques and approaches
(5. VA:Cr3.1.5a) Create artist statements using art vocabulary to describe personal choices in art-making
Perfect for grades 3 – 7, homeschooling
Thank you for visiting my store. Please stay Connected!
You can see ALL my art projects in one place by clicking À la cART
Instagram – follow À la cART Teacher to be the first to learn about new products and reduced prices.
I welcome feedback. If you have any ideas or concerns, please email me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
À la cART Teaching
In downloading this item, you agree that you are purchasing a single user license limited to single classroom use only. It does not give you copyright. All teaching materials sold by À la cART Teaching are for personal classroom use only and may not be adapted, re-sold, distributed, or translated into any other language for re-sale. You may not remove the graphic credit in any of my teaching materials.
In order to legally use this resource in more than one classroom or district, you will require a multiple user license.