Hands-on, Interactive, Montessori inspired geography resource designed to help children develop their locational knowledge.
Recommended for 5-7 year olds and SEN pupils.
Aligns with England's ks1 national curriculum for geography (equivalent to First Grade in the USA) which aims to ensure that all pupils:
develop contextual knowledge of the location of globally significant places – both terrestrial and marine.
Children will learn to:
1. Name and locate the worlds 7 continents
2. Name and locate the worlds 5 oceans
3. Name, locate and identify emblems of the 4 countries of the United Kingdom
4. Name and locate the capital cities of the United Kingdom and its surrounding seas
5. Name and correctly order the 8 points of a compass
You will need:
- A4 Laminating pockets
- Hook and loop tape / dots
- 1 x Split pin paper fastner for the compass needle
Dry erase pen
This pack includes:
1 x Map for labelling the 7 Continents of the world
1 x Map for labelling the 5 Oceans of the World
1 x Map for labelling the 4 countries which make up the United Kingdom and her national emblems
1 x Map for labelling the United Kingdoms Regional seas
1 x Compass Rose for labelling the 8 compass points
1 x labels page for the aforementioned maps.
1 x labels page of pictorial emblems
1 x labels page of compass directions and a compass needle
An answer key is intentionally not included to encourage pupils to use atlases, globes, digital/computer mapping, etc to locate countries, and to inspire their curiosity and provoke further discussion points.
It is my hope that your child(ren) has/have fun learning about the world using this pack. Follow me to receive updates on new additions to this pack.
Interactive map of a country on the North American continent
Interactive map of a country on the South American continent