Also included in
- Learn all about Australian money with this money bundle. It includes an Australian Money PowerPoint, Australian coins and notes posters, an Australian money flipbook and Australian Money Bump It Up Wall.Your students will love learning about money, including notes and coins, calculating change, andPrice $5.00Original Price $9.00Save $4.00
Teach your Year 2 students all about Australian money! Your students will learn how to recognise, order and count Australian coins and notes with this cute flipbook.
This Australian money flipbook covers Year 2 Australian Curriculum requirements, including the characteristics of each Australian coin, comparing equivalent values, identifying collections of coins, and counting and ordering Australian notes and coins.
Use this flipbook in maths groups, or as a whole class activity - 3 double-sided pages will take a week of lessons to cover. Your students will work through the activities, learning about different coins and notes, recognising and describing them, and counting collections of coins.
This resource includes teacher printing and assembly instructions. It's easy to mark off, all in one book, to see if your students have learned this concept!
- Teacher printing and assembly instructions
- 3-page (double-sided printing) flipbook covering note and coins
This resource looks GREAT printed on coloured paper.
How to use:
- use in whole-class teaching to consolidate learning
- use in differentiation - bring students up to speed quickly when filling knowledge
- use alongside manipulatives in math groups
- use as an assessment piece or place into a student portfolio
- send home as homework to consolidate concepts learned in class
TEACHERS LIKE YOU SAID…
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ A great independent or small group activity. Easy to use and understand. My kids enjoyed it.
Yr 1: Recognise, describe and order Australian coins according to their value (describing the features of coins that make it possible to identify them)
Yr 2: Count and order small collections of Australian coins and notes according to their value (identifying equivalent values in collections of coins or notes, such as two five-cent coins having the same value as one 10-cent coin; counting collections of coins or notes to make up a particular value)