This introduction to the Science Lab contains a simple, but multi-step teacher-guided investigation for students to undertake.
1. a brief introduction to 'what is science?'
2. involves following instructions
3. using basic lab equipment, including instructions on lighting a Bunsen burner
4. lab safety
5. recording and graphing data
6. drawing scientific diagrams.
I have used this activity as an introduction to Science for Year 7 students. The activity can be conducted over a number of days or all at once.