This assessment task involves the application of historical skills regarding chronological order and the Seven Concepts used by historians to study History. Our time period is from 1750 to 1792. The events mark the beginning of the industrial revolution, and the causes that led to the colonisation and settlement of Australia.
Students complete the following tasks .
1. Place these key events in chronological order.
2. Classify these events into different categories. (e.g. social change, innovation, new technology, political, economic etc.)
3. Explain the significance of each event and how has it impacted us today? Consider the cause and effect of the event.
4. Using each of the 7 Historical Concepts (see below), write 7 phrases/paragraphs that relate to 10 of the events (or more) to show you understand how to apply them (seven paragraphs in total).
* Includes powerpoint version and assessment rubric