Perfect for end-of-year review!
This project gives students the freedom to create a board game of their own design that reviews a math concept studied during the year. Students will create a game board, rules and instructions, question card with answers, and any other needed components. Detailed instructions walk students through each part of this project.
Two lists of suggested topics are provided to help with topic selection:
- Chapter titles (and included concepts) from the 2015 Math in Focus curriculum for grade 5
- Key concepts from CCSS and TEKS standards for grade 5
- note to the teacher with project overview & implementation tips
- suggested topic lists
- project overview for students
- instruction pages for parts 1-4
- examples of student-created board games- separate grade scoring sheet