Promote academic, social, and career development of all students with these functional and playful Monthly Check-in Sheets that together create a Year-in-Review Book for students. This is a perfect resource if you are a counselor with multiple students you see on a monthly basis or if you are a teacher who wants to be aware of student’s monthly goals and interests. These easy to use sheets help to organize and create a focus for monthly sessions/lessons.
1) At the BEGINNING of each month have students use the monthly check in sheet to outline their monthly goals. This will create accountability for your student increasing the chances they will reach their goals.
2) Next, have the student(s) use the “Remember” area to write down what they want to remember that month (birthdays, due dates, etc.).
3) Lastly, have the student answer the “Question of the Month” in the middle of the page.
4) At the END of the month, document the month’s most memorable moment. Recap the month and talk about ways to improve and strategies that worked.
5) Staple pages together to create a Year-in-Review Book (there are seven cover options).
Counselors/Teachers/Parents can complete this activity with children by utilizing the second set of Monthly Check-In Sheets.This is a handy resource for counselors to keep track of the students they meet with monthly/routinely or students who would benefit from the activity. Teachers can use this in the classroom as a whole class activity. It is a great way to gauge students interests and desires. Parents can utilize this resource to promote goal setting and inspire achievement.
I hope your students find this resource enjoyable!
The Crafty Counselor
is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License
Credits: Graphics from the Pond
KB3 Teach Fonts