This year-long reading and writing bundle includes 24 RESOURCES/ACTIVITIES - THAT'S OVER 500+ PAGES of quality, engaging reading and writing content that incorporates all of the big holidays! This bundle will take you from August/September all the way through to May/June!!
WHEN YOU PURCHASE THIS BUNDLE, YOU WILL RECEIVE:
ONE AUGUST / SEPTEMBER RESOURCE:
1. Back to School Unit -Get to Know Me Writing Activity
THREE OCTOBER RESOURCES:
2. Halloween Descriptive Writing Activity
3. Halloween Writing Prompts Quilt
4. Edgar Allan Poe Halloween Activities - 2 Poems:
"Annabel Lee" & "The Raven"
TWO NOVEMBER RESOURCES:
5. Veterans Day Unit Based on Hemingway's Short Story, "Soldier's Home"
6. Thanksgiving Reading and Writing Unit Based on O. Henry's "Two Thanksgiving Day Gentlemen" Short Story
SEVEN DECEMBER RESOURCES:
7. Gingerbread House for Sale Descriptive Writing Activity
8. "Gift of the Magi" Complete & Comprehensive Unit (could also be used in a short story unit in a different month)
9. Christmas Narrative Writing Unit & Activities
10. 24 Winter Writing Prompts
11. Christmas Countdown Daily Writing Prompts
12. Christmas Whiteout Poetry Activity
13. Christmas Setting Activity
THREE JANUARY RESOURCES:
14. New Year's Instagram Flipbook Activity
15. Complete New Year's Unit Based on Langston Hughes' Short Story, "Thank You, M'am"
16. Martin Luther King, Jr. Complete Unit Based on His "I Have A Dream" Speech
THREE FEBRUARY RESOURCES:
17. Valentine's Day Writing Activity with Conversation Hearts & Study of Shakespeare's "Sonnet 18"
18. Complete Valentine's Day Unit Based on the Short Story, "The Chaser" by John Collier
19. Emily Dickinson Love Poem Unit Based on "That I did always love" Poem
ONE MARCH RESEARCH RESOURCE:
20. Women's History Month Complete Research Unit & Brochure
ONE APRIL RESEARCH RESOURCES:
21. Poetry Research Unit Activities and Flipbook
THREE MAY/JUNE RESOURCES:
22. Mother's Day Poem Activity - Includes Digital Version
23. Father's Day Poem Activity - Includes Digital Version
24. End of Year Complete Unit Based on Hemingway's Short Story, "The End of Something"
Want to read more about why we teach ELA this way? Check out our blog post by CLICKING HERE.
We sincerely hope this Reading and Writing ELA Bundle saves you time and allows you to have an incredibly successful school year! :)
- Caitlin & Jessica
**Please note: This is NOT a complete, year-long curriculum, but both Jessica and I (Caitlin) used all of these resources this year in our middle school ELA classrooms! Almost every month is completely covered except for August, March and April (we added our Short Story Unit to cover both March and April in between the Women's History Month Research Project and the Poetry Project). Our Short Story Unit is not included in this bundle. For August, we spent the first few weeks reviewing writing skills, as well as covering our Summer Reading Assignments! Other than that, essentially your entire year is covered with this reading and writing bundle!**
If you have any questions at all, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org! Thanks!
Also, make sure to follow us to be notified when we upload new resources! We always do a special discount when we release a new resource, so it pays to follow us!