Also included in
- Social Emotional Reading Activities will increase your students reading comprehension AND social emotional skills!!!! And get a BONUS - Identifying Feelings and Emotions Literacy ActivitiesCheck out a preview of this resource with FREE Social Emotional Learning Text-Based Discussion Prompts OR FREE$12.00$17.00Save $5.00
Year-Long Social Emotional Learning Curriculum Grades 5-8 teaches SEL skills throughout the whole year with 6 Classroom-Based Adventure Activity Games, 26 Short Stories, 26 Teacher Guides, 26 Writing Prompts, 6 Performance-Based Assessment Role Plays, AND MUCH MORE!!!
- 6 Social Emotional Learning Component Sections: Self-Awareness, Social Awareness, Responsible Decision-Making, Self-Management, and Relationship Skills.
- Each section includes a poster, defining the skill AND…
- Each section has postable Essential Questions.
- Each section begins with a Classroom-Based Adventure Activity Game.
- These games provide an applicable kinesthetic context to the social emotional learning component targeted in the section.
- Use the Classroom-Based Adventure Education Activity Debriefing flowchart to discuss adventure-based learning.
- Each section ends with a performance-based assessment in the form of a role play skit, focusing on the social emotional learning component targeted in the section.
- 24 Stories:
- Each story is accompanied by a Teacher Guide that includes prompts for discussion while reading.
- Each story includes a writing prompt for reflection.
++++ 2 BONUS STORIES on the skill Say Something
- Teach this curriculum separately, during SEL Blocks, Advisory Times, or
- Homerooms OR…
- Embed this curriculum into your ELA curriculum!
+ + +