Make teaching writing more ENGAGING and planning for writing EASY by utilizing this year long writing pack. This resource includes 25 units of writing that will take 32 weeks to teach. This writing bundle is common core aligned and provides opportunities for differentiation for both higher achieving students and struggling students. This resource is both rigorous and enjoyable for students. It is teacher and student friendly and provides a consistent model for student writing throughout the year. Each week, students will pre-write, draft, edit, revise, self-assess and use rubrics to be graded on their writing. They will also complete a hands-on project to share with classmates and family members, which make GREAT conversations for home-school connections. This resource was designed for second graders, but the differentiated pages can make it easy to align to first or third grade standards as well.
Each unit includes: a teaching guide, brainstorming page, differentiated planning pages for different levels of students or grade levels, two rubrics, publishing pages, an easy craft or booklet, and picture examples. Most units are designed to be 5 days long, but are easily adjusted to be anywhere between one-five days in length. There are two longer units that can also be easily adjusted but are designed to take one month each. These are the animal habitat project (informative) and the cumulative magazine passion project (covers all writing genres, great EOY project).
The year long bundle also includes: benchmarks for every genre, a pacing guide, a suggested book list and tips and tricks for teaching & printing.
Please open the preview file before purchasing this resource.
This bundle includes all of the following resources:
- Poppin People About Me Informative Writing Project
- Animal Habitat Research Report
- Pumpkins Informative Writing Project
- Bats Informative Writing Project
- Welcome to MY HOUSE Informative/Descriptive Writing Project
- All About Me Informative Writing Project
- Thanksgiving Descriptive Writing & Craft
- Simile Monster Descriptive Writing & Craft
- Beekle Imaginary Friend Narrative Writing Project
- Rockin’ Roadtrip Narrative Writing Project
- Sun-Sational Summer Narrative Writing Project
- My Pet Dragon Imaginative Narrative
- My Day With a Leprechaun Imaginative Narrative
- Tooth Fairy Imaginative Narrative & Craft
- My Night on the Polar Express Narrative Writing & Craft
- The Great Turkey Escape Imaginative Narrative
- What If You Had Animal Feet? Opinion Writing Project
- Hey Little Ant Opinion Writing Project
- Dog vs. Cat Opinion Writing Project
- I Wanna… Persuasive Letter Writing Activity
- Book Review Opinion Writing & Craft
Practice all three genres with the - Magazine Writing Passion Project
- How To Make Lemonade
- How to Make a Peacock
- How to Catch Santa Writing & Craft
Enjoy! Please be sure to leave feedback on this resource to get credits toward future purchases.