Bell Ringers: Motivational Monday Quotes and Writing Prompts
Mondays are hard for students and teachers alike. Ease into the period with an inspirational quote and thought-provoking writing prompts. The quotes I used are meaningful and relevant to students; many of my students said they looked forward to reading and writing about the prompts each Monday.
These are also great to use with interactive writing notebooks - print the PPT file with multiple pages on each page and hand out the slips to the students to tape or paste into their notebooks.
The presentation contains the following:
• 53 visually-appealing motivational quotes with writing prompts (enough for an entire year plus extras to swap out)
• Student response handout (in full-page or half-page paper saver)
• Quote slides without prompts for printing
• "Motivational Monday" classroom sign
• Images from my classroom on how I used this resource
• Instructions, procedure, grading criteria for the teacher
The file is EDITABLE, so you can customize the prompts, if you wish.
My other bell-ringer activities include:
• A Year of Journal Prompts Aligned to the Common Core State Standards
• The Ultimate Common Core Bell Ringer Exit Slip BUNDLE
• Common Core Bell Ringers Exit Slips Bundle Volume 2
• #Hashtags Reading & Vocabulary Bell Ringers
• Meme Activity "Some ECard" for Icebreaker, Bell Ringer, Exit Slip
• Socratic Seminar Questions "Y U No" Meme Activity Bell Ringer, Exit Slip
• Creative Activities for ANY Book Common Core Bell Ringers Exit Slips
• Character/Historical Figure Quotes/Dialogue Activity or Exit Slips/Bell Ringers
• Common Core Writing Task Cards, Bell Ringers, Exit Slips: QUOTES
Created by ©Tracee Orman, 2015