Also included in
- A full year of yearbook bell ringers to get your journalism staffers engaged, thinking, and involved right from the start of class. These 200 no prep bell ringers, designed specifically for yearbook, take just a few minutes but will be very powerful in building crucial skills throughout the year and$27.99$39.98Save $11.99
- In this yearbook bundle, you'll have everything you need to plan, prepare, market, design, and create your student publication with this one-stop resource for your yearbook program. This yearbook curriculum includes all of my best-selling tools for creating a yearbook and conducting a yearbook and/o$150.48$167.20Save $16.72
Inevitably, your journalism students come to yearbook or newspaper class distracted – thinking about emails and texts they have to answer, tasks they have to complete, friend issues, and the game after school. If you want your group’s full attention, warm up with a bell ringer - a mental exercise that’s both enjoyable and calls on as much of your students’ brainpower as possible. These no prep, highly engaging class starters, designed specifically for yearbook, take just a few minutes but will be very powerful in building crucial skills throughout the year and getting class started on the right foot.
Student Experience: On Mondays, students will quick write about and discuss motivational quotes. On Tuesday, students will problem solve difficult situations from real-life journalistic situations. On Wednesdays, students will discern if a photo is well-crafted or not. On Thursdays, students will think critically to solve puzzles. On Fridays, students will correct a sentence with grammar, usage, and mechanics errors. Students can complete the tasks on their own paper as you project them from the screen, in the traditional student workbooks, or digitally via Google with the e-workbooks.
Included: The second round of 20 activities for each day of the week – That equals 100 days worth of mini lessons!
- Motivational Monday with quotes
- Tough Situations Tuesday for real-life problem solving
- Evaluating Images on Wednesday
- Thinking Thursday Brain Teasers
- Fix it Friday for Grammar Corrections
- Three formats: projectable PPT, traditional student workbook, digital e-workbook for Google
- Answers for puzzles and grammar and suggested answers where applicable for answers that vary
- 100% editable AND a beautiful design
Classroom success stories from teachers who have tried this resource:
♥ “I LOVE these!!! I loved it though last year and my kids said they learned a lot from it :) Thanks!!”
♥ “I purchased these for our yearbook sponsor/teacher, and she loves them. She has never really had anything so helpful to her students. Thanks for thinking of sharing activities beyond ELA.”
♥ “Working with HS SSN students, it is often hard to keep their attention during class. I have started using Bell Ringers and the class involvement has doubled.”
♥ “The activities made my students think, but they loved it!”
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches. Look for the green star next to my store logo and click it to FOLLOW ME. Voila! You will now receive email updates about my store.
For more ideas and inspiration:
Please, one classroom use only. Additional licenses are sold at checkout. This license is nontransferable. Not eligible for online environments unless password protected. Posting openly online is prohibited. No part of this resource can be used for commercial purposes, altered, or resold. This work is my original work, and taking portions of it to create something else for resale is prohibited. Original Cover Photography by Julie Faulkner