Need a writing activity to go with your integrated theme on a farm unit; learning about baby animals is the answer! This activity is great for grade 1 to 3. It can be completed with or without a word bank, depending on the age that it is used with. Students love farm animals and particularly the baby farm animals.
Books to help with this activity are:
- Down on the Farm Series By Hannah Ray
- Farm Animals By Beverly Randle and Clive Harper
- Farm Yard Animals By Paula Borton
- My Farm Friends By Wendel Minor
- Look & Learn on the Farm By Scholastics
- The Usborne of Farm Animals By: Felicity Everett
This kind of writing really gives the students something to Crow about!