Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
3.21 MB | 25 pages
This literacy pack is based on the story Yertle the Turtle by well-known author Dr Seuss.
Activities included are:
1. Comparing Characters – Yertle and Mack
2. All About Yertle the Turtle – IWB and worksheet options
4. Grammar Sort – nouns, verbs and adjectives
5. Turtle Narrative – IWB and worksheet options
6. Color by Blend – fr pl, st and tr
7. Suffix –ing
8. Consonant Digraphs and Trigraphs – ch, ck, th, thr and sh
9. Last Person Standing game – (2 sets - ch and sh/ck and th)
10. Writing Strips - CVC, consonant digraphs and trigraphs, consonant blends and long vowels
Note: Included are separate files for US and Australian spelling.
Other learning ideas (not included in this packet):
* Science - Students can explore the basic needs of turtles and their habitat.