This song and printable activities demonstrate a dialogue, exchanging information: ¿Cómo te llamas? ¿De dónde eres? ¿Cuátos años tienes? ¿Qué te gusta hacer? Lots of student engagement!
I hope you and your students enjoy these resources, and wish you a rewarding experience!
What's included in the bundle:
- an mp3 file with the song "Yo quiero ser tu amiga"
- two printable Listening Comprehension Activities to be used as the students listen to the song. You can use both on the same day, a different one on different days for extra reinforcement and follow up, or if you teach more than one level, you may use one for one level and the other one for a different level
- a printable or projectable sheet with the song lyrics, so you and your students can sing along, and to use to check their work for one of the Listening Comprehension Activities
- a printable Cooperative Learning Activity, for students to work in pairs or small groups to apply and practice their knowledge of all of the topics listed below. The Cooperative Learning Activity focuses on using the knowledge in a meaningful way by speaking, writing, and listening to their peers. For added practice, an extra idea is to have each pair or small group of students present a report to the class, using the already provided chart, to share their findings in complete Spanish sentences.
GRAMMAR and VOCABULARY in context:
The song "Yo quiero ser tu amiga" uses grammatical structures and vocabulary in a conversational style with complete Spanish sentences, to reinforce and deepen students' knowledge of:
* asking someone what his/her name is
* introducing yourself
* asking someone where he/she is from
* stating where you are from
* countries where Spanish is spoken
* asking someone his/her age
* stating your age
* asking someone what he/she likes to do
* stating what you like to do
* leisure time activities vocabulary
* fun places vocabulary
Ideas of use are:
- after presenting and developing the given topics.
- weeks or months after studying the topics, to motivate and / or activate prior knowledge.
- at the end of the school year to review and wrap up.