This book is the second part of an introduction to verbs. The illustrations are similar to the ones in the first infinitive booklet, but the verbs are now conjugated in the YO form. Gives kids an opportunity to practice conjugating the YO form of a verb with familiar text.
Use these books for Daily Five, independent or shared reading, guided reading practice, dictionary work, writing, illustrating, word work, or use files interactively on a Smart or Promethean board. For Kindergarten, First grade, or Second grade Spanish or bilingual students.
Example weekly uses:
1) Practice vocabulary or Yo form verbs (two choices for page 1--you choose which you think would best fit your students' needs. Both are provided.)
2) Review infinitive verbs, listed on page 2
3) Underline YO form verbs in the text. Use for guided reading in small group, or teacher directed larger group
4) Allow students to partner read/read independently at centers or stations
5) Students may fill in blank pages with their own words at centers. Two different fill-in-the-blank pages are provided that have suggested verbs to choose from, and one page has no suggestions. You may choose which pages to include in each child's book. This allows for differentiation amongst students.
6) Students may read and illustrate to show comprehension independently or in small group
7) Students may share their new additional pages with others, present to the class, or read with teacher. Having students share their options orally in a Kagan structure-type setting or with a partner orally before writing is a great way to scaffold children into writing independently in the target language.
Included: one color copy with fill in the blank pages at the end, and one copy with no pictures so the kids can illustrate to show comprehension. You can make multiple copies of the last page and add to the work that the kids can do for practice.
Spanish immersion; kindergarten; reading; first grade; second grade; FLES; guided reading; readers; lectura; palabras de altas frecuencias; inmersión; primer grado; kinder; segundo grado; diccionario