This book is part of an introduction to YO form of verbs. The verbs are conjugated in the text (kids can find and underline them), and it gives kids an opportunity to practice conjugating the YO form of a verb at the end. Also nice if you do a spelling pattern practice with -ón endings.
Use these books for Daily Five, independent or shared reading, guided reading practice, dictionary work, writing, illustrating, word work, or use files interactively on a Smart or Promethean board. For Kindergarten, First grade, or Second grade Spanish or bilingual students.
Example weekly uses:
1) Practice reading conjugated verbs, page 1
2) Practice infinitive verbs that will be conjugated in the text, listed on page 2
3) Underline all verbs that are in the YO form in the text. Use for guided reading in small group, or teacher directed larger group
4) Allow students to partner read/read independently at centers or stations
5) Students may fill in blank pages with their own conjugated verbs at centers. Verb suggestions are listed underneath the blank line on the first writing page. The second writing page at the end of the pdf does not have suggested verbs so children can come up with their own. You can make a variety of combinations of these pages in order to differentiate the task.
6) Students may read and illustrate to show comprehension independently or in small group.
7) Students may share their new additional pages in front of an audience as an author share, with a partner, or read each other's writing. Having children to this as a Kagan activity or partner work orally before the writing is a great way to scaffold them to writing on their own in the target language.
Included: one color copy with fill in the blank pages at the end, and one copy with no pictures so the kids can illustrate to show comprehension. Most kids will enjoy adding their own touch to these illustrations. You can make multiple copies of the last page and add to the work that the kids can do for practice.
Spanish immersion; kindergarten; reading; first grade; second grade; FLES; guided reading; readers; lectura; palabras de altas frecuencias; inmersión; primer grado; kinder; segundo grado; diccionario