JOIN KATIE ON HER FIRST DAY AT KARATE!
On the way to her first karate class, Katie feels self-conscious about starting something new and meeting new people. Can her brother help her overcome her fears? This story was inspired by Yoga Sutra 2.33 that says, "When negative feelings restrict us, the opposite should be cultivated.
WINNER OF FAMILY CHOICE AWARD 2017
What’s included in Katie's Karate Class:
• Explore feelings as Katie tries something new
• Yoga poses for kids to explore throughout the story
• 42 pages
• Full-color picture book
When can you use this yoga book in your classroom or homeschool:
• during a transition time or subject change
• during morning meeting or circle time
• when you're stuck indoors
• for a brain break to calm their bodies and minds
• for a movement activity in your stations
• during your physical education class
• during your occupational therapy, physical therapy, or special education session
• with one child, small groups, or large groups
What are the benefits of yoga for kids:
• increases strength and flexibility
• helps them relax, unwind, and calm down to reduce stress and anxiety
• helps them sleep better
• promotes interaction between adult and child, as well as between multiple children
• improves their fine and gross motor skills, as well as their coordination
• develops self-confidence, self-expression, and body awareness
• promotes a healthy, active lifestyle
You might also like:
• Camping Yoga Cards
• Forest Fairy Yoga Cards for Kids
• The Grateful Giraffe
• Monthly Kids Yoga Themes
Don't forget that leaving feedback earns you points towards free TPT purchases. I love hearing your feedback.
Please contact me with any questions—I'm happy to help.
Learn, be active, and have fun!
For yoga tips and kids yoga resources, join our weekly Kids Yoga Stories newsletter here
Follow us on