Learn about the desert through movement + story!
Join Emily as she spends a day with her parents in Death Valley, California. Glide like a hawk, dart like a fox, and slither like a snake. This desert yoga book includes a list of yoga poses for kids and a parent-teacher guide.
What’s included in this Desert Yoga Book for Kids:
• A desert yoga book
• 15 yoga poses for kids throughout the story
• Includes a Parent-Teacher Guide
• 48 pages
• Full-color picture book
What customers say about this desert yoga book for kids:͞
"Great book with many teaching opportunities. From teaching science, social studies, vocabulary, sequencing, and incorporating yoga this book has it all. Great book to use in any classroom. Even though is for kids up to age 7, I think even kids as old at 10 and 11 may enjoy reading it and doing yoga at the same time. I love teaching with yoga and my students love it too."
"I am a first grade teacher. I do yoga everyday in my classroom with my students. They thoroughly enjoyed this book! Here are some of their comments: “This book was great because you can learn about Death Valley and the animals while you are doing yoga.” “I loved that the book was about a family taking a trip.” “It was so awesome how the poses matched the words.” “This book taught us some new poses that we’ve never done before.” Overall, first graders at my school say…This book is awesome!"
When can you use this yoga book in your classroom or homeschool:
• during a transition time or subject change
• during morning meeting or circle time
• when you're stuck indoors
• for a brain break to calm their bodies and minds
• for a movement activity in your stations
• during your physical education class
• during your occupational therapy, physical therapy, or special education session
• with one child, small groups, or large groups
What are the benefits of yoga for kids:
• increases strength and flexibility
• helps them relax, unwind, and calm down to reduce stress and anxiety
• helps them sleep better
• promotes interaction between adult and child, as well as between multiple children
• improves their fine and gross motor skills, as well as their coordination
• develops self-confidence, self-expression, and body awareness
• promotes a healthy, active lifestyle
You might also like:
• Arctic Animal Yoga Cards for Kids
• Antarctic Animal Yoga Cards for Kids
• LOVE Yoga Cards for Kids
• Monthly Kids Yoga Themes
Don't forget that leaving feedback earns you points towards free TPT purchases. I love hearing your feedback.
Please contact me with any questions—I'm happy to help.
Learn, be active, and have fun!
For yoga tips and kids yoga resources, join our weekly Kids Yoga Stories newsletter here
Follow us on