Express your feelings through yoga poses for toddlers!
Express your feelings through yoga poses for young children! Join our six yoga kids from around the world as they learn about various animals and relate their behaviors to our feelings. Be a caring koala, a cranky crocodile, or a curious cat. Visit countries around the world, learn about various animals, and talk about feelings! This PDF digital download feelings yoga book for toddlers and preschoolers includes a list of kids yoga poses and a parent-teacher guide.
What’s included in this yoga book for kids:
• An interactive feelings yoga book
• Includes a Parent-Teacher Guide
• 44 pages
• Full-color picture book
What customers say about this feelings yoga book for kids:͞
"The first thing that grabbed my attention was the beautiful and cheerful illustrations. I read the book once to familiarize myself with the rhythm of the words and yoga poses. Immediately, I wanted to grab my yoga mat and flow through the sequence, which has a natural rhythm to it. The inclusion of details regarding each animal and its corresponding pose is very helpful for beginning yoga students or teachers. I found the Parent and Teacher Guide helpful and encouraging without being condescending. I was excited to share this book with my preschooler as he has recently developed an enjoyment of and desire to practice yoga with me. He found a few of the poses to be quite challenging but he loved the colorful pictures and being able to see the Yoga Kids demonstrate each pose. Discussing the emotions each animal exhibited led to an entertaining and informative playtime. We have read several other yoga books (by a variety of authors) and this has quickly become our favorite."
"I love The Grateful Giraffe as a simple feelings book as it is geared around nature and animals but simply addresses feelings. The illustrator portrays realistic illustrations that are inviting. As with all of her books, Giselle incorporates yoga poses with corresponding pictures. It is beneficial for early readers that each picture or pose be close to the illustration. The text is simple yet the feeling can be expanded. The sound or motion that each animal makes with a rhyming rhythm is good for early readers. Children can be encouraged to make the noises or sounds of the movements with each yoga pose for a multi-sensory aspect. The simple minimal text will allow me to stop and have students spend more time on the poses. I can see students adding a singsong rhyme and pose for other desired animals. The list of yoga poses near the end will be great for follow up Occupational Therapy sessions or for those shorter in length or for those students who need more practice. The parent-teacher guide offers important yet not cumbersome information. The list of feelings can also be beneficial to students to help express their own feelings or to utilize in a writing lesson. This book makes a great addition to my collection of yoga books by Giselle. I love the motivational ways to combine movement and learning and adding social/emotional strengths for the benefit of all of my students."
When can you use this yoga book in your classroom or homeschool:
• during a transition time or subject change
• during morning meeting or circle time
• when you're stuck indoors
• for a brain break to calm their bodies and minds
• for a movement activity in your stations
• during your physical education class
• during your occupational therapy, physical therapy, or special education session
• with one child, small groups, or large groups
What are the benefits of yoga for kids:
• increases strength and flexibility
• helps them relax, unwind, and calm down to reduce stress and anxiety
• helps them sleep better
• promotes interaction between adult and child, as well as between multiple children
• improves their fine and gross motor skills, as well as their coordination
• develops self-confidence, self-expression, and body awareness
• promotes a healthy, active lifestyle
You might also like:
• LOVE Yoga Cards for Kids
• Monthly Kids Yoga Themes
• Rachel’s Day in the Garden: A Spring Colors Yoga Book
• Good Night, Animal World: A Bedtime Yoga Book for Toddlers
• Anna and her Rainbow-Colored Yoga Mats
• Garden Yoga Cards for Kids
Don't forget that leaving feedback earns you points towards free TPT purchases. I love hearing your feedback.
Please contact me with any questions—I'm happy to help.
Learn, be active, and have fun!
For yoga tips and kids yoga resources, join our weekly Kids Yoga Stories newsletter here
Follow us on