FAMILY CHOICE BOOK AWARD WINNER: A Yoga Story About Friendship, Happiness and Acceptance
Anna finds happiness practicing yoga on her rainbow-colored yoga mats at recess. She imagines traveling the world and exploring new places. Will her classmates accept her and join the fun? Enjoy this popular yoga book about friendship, happiness, and acceptance in an interactive PDF download format.
What’s included in this happiness yoga book for kids:
• A happiness yoga book
• 36 pages
• Full-color picture book
What customers say about this happiness yoga book for kids:͞
"This was a perfect book to use in the Yoga classes I teach to the 2nd grade. They loved the colorful illustrations and had fun moving through all the yoga poses in the book. However, the best part of the book, in my opinion, was the powerful message: Stay true to who you are and good will follow. I am happy to say that most of the students were able to point out when Anna’s classmates were “mean” to her, saying not so nice things behind her back. I also shared this book with a 4th grade student who is hearing impaired and wears two hearing aides, just like Anna. When he made the connection between himself and Anna, his expression was priceless. Overall, the yoga poses were enough for these students to stay engaged to the story and be challenged physically. Thank you for this gift of a book."
"I found this to be an awesome story to use with the kids. I run a mom’s group and used this for a presentation at our local library. The story carries such a beautiful message about confidence in yourself and portrays the beauty of uniting a group of people to try something different. The story is so endearing and I found the complimentary yoga poses in this story perfect for the ages engaging, (2.5 – 5). It was fun to ask the kids to bring different colored towels for mats. I’ll be using this book again and again for sure. It’s the most appropriate listing of yoga exercises to compliment the age range over other stories I have used. Thank you so much for this beautiful story."
When can you use this yoga book in your classroom or homeschool:
• during a transition time or subject change
• during morning meeting or circle time
• when you're stuck indoors
• for a brain break to calm their bodies and minds
• for a movement activity in your stations
• during your physical education class
• during your occupational therapy, physical therapy, or special education session
• with one child, small groups, or large groups
What are the benefits of yoga for kids:
• increases strength and flexibility
• helps them relax, unwind, and calm down to reduce stress and anxiety
• helps them sleep better
• promotes interaction between adult and child, as well as between multiple children
• improves their fine and gross motor skills, as well as their coordination
• develops self-confidence, self-expression, and body awareness
• promotes a healthy, active lifestyle
You might also like:
• Arctic Animal Yoga Cards for Kids
• Antarctic Animal Yoga Cards for Kids
• LOVE Yoga Cards for Kids
• Monthly Kids Yoga Themes
Don't forget that leaving feedback earns you points towards free TPT purchases. I love hearing your feedback.
Please contact me with any questions—I'm happy to help.
Learn, be active, and have fun!
For yoga tips and kids yoga resources, join our weekly Kids Yoga Stories newsletter here
Follow us on