Fun and simple themes with monthly yoga poses and kids books recommendations!
To spark your imagination, each monthly theme includes five yoga poses for kids and five recommended children’s books. This 31-page eBook is for teachers, parents, kids yoga teachers, caregivers, and health practitioners looking for simple, convenient ways to add yoga into your curriculum, classes, or home life.
What’s included in this 31-page kids yoga class eBook for kids:
• 12 monthly kids yoga themes, including weather, feelings, transportation, and holiday
• Each theme includes five yoga poses for kids and five recommended children's books
What customers say about this Kids Yoga Class Ideas eBook:
"Great resource book. All the work is done for you. This year long “treasure” included varied time limits for different age groups. I especially liked the books listed each month for reference. It enhances the lesson as well as adding the all important literacy factor. The monthly topics include items that are interesting to children of all ages. Wonderfully creative!" " - Barb
"I work with kids with Autism and other neurodevelopmental disorders. Kids Yoga Class Ideas are perfect for all ages and levels and can be a great tool in increasing self regulation and social skills while teaching relaxation, yoga and also having kids present in learning something new. Its also a great activity to recommend kids do with their caregivers, siblings and family at home to increase these play skills as well. Highly recommend!" - Carrie
When can you use these yoga ideas in your classroom or homeschool:
• during a transition time or subject change
• during morning meeting or circle time
• when you're stuck indoors
• for a brain break to calm their bodies and minds
• for a movement activity in your stations
• during your physical education class
• during your occupational therapy, physical therapy, or special education session
• with one child, small groups, or large groups
What are the benefits of yoga for kids:
• increases strength and flexibility
• helps them relax, unwind, and calm down to reduce stress and anxiety
• helps them sleep better
• promotes interaction between adult and child, as well as between multiple children
• improves their fine and gross motor skills, as well as their coordination
• develops self-confidence, self-expression, and body awareness
• promotes a healthy, active lifestyle
You might also like:
• Monthly Kids Yoga Themes
• Garden Yoga Cards for Kids
• LOVE Yoga Cards for Kids
• Arctic Animals Yoga Cards for Kids
• North American Animals Alphabet Yoga Cards for Kids
• Yoga Poses for Kids Cards (Deck One)
Don't forget that leaving feedback earns you points towards free TPT purchases. I love hearing your feedback.
Please contact me with any questions—I'm happy to help.
Learn, be active, and have fun!
For yoga tips and kids yoga resources, join our weekly Kids Yoga Stories newsletter here
Follow us on