Quick and easy monthly kids yoga ideas!
To spark your imagination, each monthly theme includes one breathing technique, one focus yoga pose, a three-pose flow sequence, and one focus yoga book. This 55-page eBook is for teachers, parents, kids yoga teachers, caregivers, and health practitioners looking for simple, convenient ways to add yoga into your curriculum, classes, or home life.
What’s included in this 55-page monthly kids yoga theme eBook for kids:
• 12 monthly kids yoga themes, including winter, love, spring, earth, animal, and farm
• Each theme includes one focus pose, one breathing technique, 3-pose flow, and a recommended yoga book
What customers say about this kids yoga themes eBook:
"This is an incredibly valuable resource. I can imagine following the themes exactly as outlined in the book, or using them as a foundation to build upon for a longer class. The book is well organized and the instructions are clear. I teach yoga to kids in a residential behavioral health treatment program, so structure and simplicity are key. Focusing on one pose, but wrapping it up in a short three-pose sequence provides both. The breathing exercises with each theme are perhaps the most important element. I often work a couple of breathing exercises into my classes – one energizing and one calming – to show the kids how breath can help control their energy. This will be a go-to resource for my kid's yoga library." - Laurel
"What a wonderful tool! This eBook has a theme for each month, with yoga poses, breathing exercises, and a suggested corresponding storybook by Giselle. The yoga poses and breathwork each include an illustration and detailed instructions. As a kids yoga teacher, I will use it as inspiration for lesson planning throughout the year. Educators will find it an invaluable resource for integrating yoga into their classrooms. Parents will have fun using it each month with their kids. Another great product from Kids Yoga Stories!" - Carolyn
When can you use these yoga ideas in your classroom or homeschool:
• during a transition time or subject change
• during morning meeting or circle time
• when you're stuck indoors
• for a brain break to calm their bodies and minds
• for a movement activity in your stations
• during your physical education class
• during your occupational therapy, physical therapy, or special education session
• with one child, small groups, or large groups
What are the benefits of yoga for kids:
• increases strength and flexibility
• helps them relax, unwind, and calm down to reduce stress and anxiety
• helps them sleep better
• promotes interaction between adult and child, as well as between multiple children
• improves their fine and gross motor skills, as well as their coordination
• develops self-confidence, self-expression, and body awareness
• promotes a healthy, active lifestyle
You might also like:
• Garden Yoga Cards for Kids
• LOVE Yoga Cards for Kids
• Arctic Animals Yoga Cards for Kids
• Antarctic Animals Yoga Cards for Kids
Don't forget that leaving feedback earns you points towards free TPT purchases. I love hearing your feedback.
Please contact me with any questions—I'm happy to help.
Learn, be active, and have fun!
For yoga tips and kids yoga resources, join our weekly Kids Yoga Stories newsletter here
Follow us on