Aligned with the Common Core Standards, this lesson will encourage students to analyze fictitious scenarios based upon actual Supreme Court cases. This activity can be used in two ways;
1) An assessment- students will apply their prior knowledge concerning the United States’ Constitutional amendments, along with their own ethics and logic, to Supreme Court decisions, or
2) Using the provided cheat sheet, students will be introduced to the Bill of Rights, and its' application to Supreme Court cases.
This PowerPoint presentation is full of interactive visuals, and chronologically aligns itself with the provided student handout.
This lesson includes:
- Detailed lesson plan
- 1 26 slide Power-Point Presentation
- 1 PowerPoint Handout
- 1 Cheat Sheet
If you liked this lesson see other related 'Government' lessons here:
• Controversy and the Criminal Justice System (Eric Garner Case) (click here to open in new tab)
• Analyzing 'The Bill of Rights' (click here to open in new tab)
• Mock Trial: Class Preparation (click here to open in new tab)
• Mock Trial: Truman and the Atomic Bomb (click here to open in new tab)
• Analyzing The Declaration of Independence & the U.S. Constitution (click here to open in new tab)
I OFTEN PROVIDE FREEBIES TO MY FOLLOWERS AND ALL NEW PRODUCTS DEBUT AT 20% OFF:
• Look for the green star next to my store logo at the top right corner of this page and click it to become a follower. This will allow you to be notified each time I debut a new product or freebie.