You want to meet the needs of your 21 century ESL students so they are constantly on-task even if they don’t know a lot of English.
How can you do this without struggling at the expense of your precious time and energy?
It begins with this booklet and its 88 tried and true teaching tips for increasing academic performance and student engagement which I wrote from my last 15 years experience as an ESL instructor and instructor-trainer.
Each suggestion provides key advice to help you teach your English language learners with confidence.
You can use these ideas on an as-needed basis, or to deal with specific troubleshooting areas of instruction. This booklet addresses all the issues instructors of ESL students deal with just like you. Here you’ll find suggestions on:
• Summary strategies
• Differentiated Instruction
• Building background knowledge in reading and writing tasks
• Diversifying teaching styles
• Suggestions for using technology to support academic instruction
• Lesson Preparation
• Pre-Reading Activities of Academic Texts
• Checking Comprehension
• Improving Instruction
• Using the strategic teaching model of threes to support understanding of academic texts and concepts
• Using personal stories in the academic classroom