This activity pack has everything you need to introduce young beginners to the piano and simple notation. Learning through games will keep 5 to 7-year-olds engaged and asking to play again!
The activity pack teaches children to find and identify notes on the piano, think about how they can create different sounds to paint a picture, create and play simple rhythms using written notation and read notes on the stave.
• Musical tug-of-war – Who will get the rope to their end of the piano?
• Musical notes bingo – Complete your board to win the game.
• Musical words – The talkative cat has lots of words to play.
• Piano race – Play the letters you land on in this musical board game
• Create a word – Use the tug-of-war letter cards. Ask the child to create a word, then play it.
• Fairytale Rescue – Get all of the fairytale characters safely home by playing the piano notes
• Tea coffee cake rhythm cards – Select four cards and clap or play the rhythm
• Musical animals – Think musically and play what the animals are saying
• Musical snakes and ladders – a game that increases in difficulty as you progress through the seven levels