Are you teaching your students about growth mindset? Your Fantastic Elastic Brain by JoAnn Deak is a perfect segue for teaching your students the power of growth mindset. Conceptually, these ideas are perfect for any level, but this literature unit was created for 3rd-6th graders in mind.
There is a unit created for 1st-2nd grade as well and can be found here: YOUR FANTASTIC ELASTIC BRAIN (LOWER GRADE VERSION)
Infused with reflections, challenges (including a STEM challenge for creating slingshots using rubber bands), and opportunities to identify and clarify growth mindset vs fixed mindset, your students are sure to learn and have a great deal of fun!
Your Fantastic Elastic Brain activities included:
-Brainstorming ways to use elastics
-Comparing and contrasting using a Venn diagram
-Fixed Mindset vs. Growth Mindset
-Prompts for student reflections
-A rubber band challenge
-Identifying parts of the brain and their purpose
-Fantastic Elastic Brain bookmarks (in full color and black and white)
-Slingshot STEM challenge
-Growth Mindset Posters (5 posters in full color and in black and white)
-Answer Keys where deemed appropriate
This literature companion is part of a Growth Mindset Literature Unit (MONEY-SAVING) BUNDLE!:
GROWTH MINDSET PICTURE BOOK BUNDLE
THE BUNDLE INCLUDES THE FOLLOWING GROWTH MINDSET PICTURE BOOKS:
YOUR FANTASTIC ELASTIC BRAIN (UPPER GRADE VERSION)
THE GIRL WHO NEVER MADE MISTAKES
BEAUTIFUL OOPS BY BARNEY SALTZBERG
THE DOT BY PETER H REYNOLDS
You may also be interested in the following GROWTH MINDSET products:
GROWTH MINDSET AFFIRMATIONS POSTERS (with cursive)
GROWTH MINDSET AFFIRMATIONS POSTERS (NO cursive)
GROWTH MINDSET PRIVACY FOLDER OFFICES
GROWTH MINDSET FLIP BOOKS
GROWTH MINDSET ACTIVITY BUNDLE:
GROWTH MINDSET BUNDLE: AFFIRMATION POSTERS, FLIP BOOKS, AND PRIVACY FOLDER
GROWTH MINDSET QUOTES BUNDLE:
CHARACTER TRAITS QUOTES BUNDLE (with GROWTH MINDSET)
Sign up for access to my EXCLUSIVE FREE RESOURCE LIBRARY AND NEWSLETTER.
For updates on new products and product specials, follow me:
MY TPT STORE
Kirsten has 18 years of experience in elementary education. She has been a homeroom teacher for first grade, third grade, and fourth grade, as well as ESL. She has also been a school counselor for grades PK-6, an ESL pullout teacher for K-6, and a Reading Recovery Teacher. She received her Bachelor’s degree in elementary education and psychology from The University of Iowa and a Master’s of Education in school counseling from Sam Houston State University. She believes that students make the most progress when they are engaged in their hearts as well as their minds. Her resources offer relevant, rigorous, engaging content that nurtures the whole child.
Copyright © Kirsten’s Kaboodle. All Rights Reserved.
• Purchasing this product gives the purchaser ONE LICENSE to this product. This allows the purchaser the right to reproduce this product for HIS/HER class ONLY.
• Duplication for an entire team, school, or school district is strictly forbidden.
• If other teachers would like copies of this product, please direct them to my store.
• You may not reproduce, redistribute, or post this item on a blog or website for download (free or paid).
• Copying any part of this product (even for a classroom website) is also in violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
• You may not modify, copy, or alter this product in any way.
• Please feel free to spread the word about this product via social media or blog post. A link to the product (or my store) is much appreciated.