(Z) Zipping Around the Zoo
Going to the zoo is exciting no matter how many times you go. Discuss zoos in your area and be sure to point out the importance of zoos. Animals would rather be wild and free but sometimes zoos are the only option. Educating people to care about living things is easier when you surround yourself with the real things. This glyph is a great activity to complete after an in-depth study of zoos or even making a zoo in your classroom. Sharon, Lois and Brown’s song “Going to the Zoo Tomorrow” is a hit with the students.
Remember to check our free info on how to use glyph’s in your classroom.
Great books for to go with our glyph
- Z is for Zoo Keeper – Roland Smith
- My Heart is Like a Zoo – Michael Hall
- What is new at the Zoo – Suzanne Slade
- I went to the Zoo – Rita Golden Gelman
- Miss Moo Goes to the Zoo - Kelly Graves
- Animal Strike at the Zoo – Karma Wilson
- My School a Zoo – Stu Smith
- Class Two at the Zoo – Julia Jarman
- Never, Ever, Shout in a Zoo – Karma Wilson
- Going to the Zoo – Tom Paxton