This zoo themed ELA center activity focuses on writing letters and identifying beginning sounds for zoo animals.
This package offers several adaptations and color and black and white tools.
PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT THIS ZOO ANIMALS LITERCY CENTER IS INCLUDED IN MY ZOO MEGA PACK
Differentiated 1- Dig the cards, match the animals to the recording sheet and copy the letters into the correct section
In this set, the letters are written on the zoo flash cards and the recording sheets show the zoo animals to match. This activity focuses on writing letters and letter to sound association-suitable for young students or beginners.
Place the zoo animal cards into sand, colored rice, or any other sensory filled bucket. Students dig the
animal cards and write the matching letter on their recording sheets
The recording sheets can be used WITHOUT the cards. Students name the animals and write the beginning sound for each animal in the box.
• 24 x zoo animal cards that show the animal and the letter (actual size of the cards is 6x9cm)
• 3 x recording sheets that show the animal for each card
Differentiated 2- Dig the cards and use a generic recording sheet to copy the letters in the order in which you find them.
• The same zoo cards are used for this version as in version 1
• 1 x recording sheet with 16 blank squares (print as needed-select 16 sounds you wish to target at a time)
> Differentiated 3- Dig the cards and use play dough, dry erase markers, magnet letters or letter tiles directly on the cards.
In this set, the letters are NOT written on the zoo flash cards
. Students dig up a zoo animal card. They name the zoo animal and identify the beginning sound. They use play dough, letter tiles, magnetic letters, or dry erase markers to write the correct letter right on the card.
• 24 x zoo animal cards that do not have any letters on them (actual size of the cards is 6x9cm)
The objectives in this package cover the following common core math objectives:
• CCSS.ELA-LITERACY. RF.K.3.A– Demonstrate basic knowledge of one to one letter-sound correspondence by producing the primary sound in words.
I am very happy to work with everyone. If you have any concerns or comments regarding this teaching tool, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org before leaving negative or low ratings and I will ensure you are 100% satisfied.
All the best
Zoo animals literacy center activity/ zoo centers/ zoo beginning sounds activities/