Promote close reading and accountability in your classroom with these chapter-by-chapter Bell Ringers!
Celebrated author Ray Bradbury discusses creativity, authenticity and the writing process in "Zen in the Art of Writing." Fall into Bradbury's world, as he captivates you with the musings behind "Fahrenheit 451," "The Lake," "The Martian Chronicles" and other award-winning texts.
- Want to ensure your students complete the reading homework, or pay attention to the classroom readings, but don't want to police them? Assign these TWO detailed questions per day! Photocopy the templates provided and use them at the start of each lesson - a great way to jump into a discussion on the chapter, and to reward student accountability! My students truly start to LOVE these bell ringers, especially when they nail them!
- Answer Key included for each question! Use these for your own instruction, or display them on the projector for visual learners.
I recommend pairing this Bell Ringer resource with the following resource:
- Zen in the Art of Writing Study and Discussion Guide | Chapter-By-Chapter Q & A
ALSO AVAILABLE through Mondays Made Easy!:
- SET OF 3 | Creative Writing | Kinetic and Engaging Interactive Activities
- Creative Writing | Summative Assessment and Rubric | Open Mic
- Descriptive Creative Writing Mini-Lesson | Scaffolding Practice Worksheets
- COMPLETE Dialogue Lesson | Narrative Writing | Grammar Practice Worksheets
- 15-Day Writing Prompt Unit | Scaffolding Practice Worksheets | Activities
PURCHASE THE ULTIMATE CREATIVE WRITING BUNDLE HERE!:
- FULL 3-Week Creative Writing Unit | Interactive Activities | Grammar Worksheets