Do your students get excited on Zero the Hero days? If so, this is the perfect supplement to your existing unit. Zero the Hero is an exciting character that visits the classroom every tenth day of school. This unique Zero the Hero Take Home Activity Book will create excitement every tenth day as one student is assigned to take the bag home, complete the activities and bring in a Zero the Hero Treat! Not only will Zero the Hero visit the classroom every ten days, but his little sister Nada will too. Nada is by her brother’s side and counting down every tenth day of school. Nada will have her own take home book and activities just like Zero the Hero. This unit focuses on counting by 10's and identifying 2D & 3D shapes in the environment. In this package you will receive the following:
1. Zero the Hero & Nada Take Home Book (color and black & white versions): The Take Home books include a letter to parents explaining the purpose of the bag/book, common core math standards listed for teacher and parent reference, "O" shaped treats activity page/suggestions (students to bring in) & a recording page for students to attach photographs of themselves with Zero or Nada with environmental objects shaped like zero (2D or 3D shapes).
2. Zero the Hero and Nada Doll Tracers: Blackline master tracers necessary to create your own durable Zero the Hero and Nada foam doll characters to send home in the Take Home Bag.
3. Step by Step Directions: You will receive step by step instructions in words and photographs on how to create your very own Zero the Hero and Nada character dolls. A list of materials needed to create the character dolls is included.
4. Student Examples: This page shows you photographs what students have completed in the past of the take home activity with 2D and 3D shapes.
5. Assembly Page: Tells you everything you need to send the Zero the Hero or Nada bag home.