This lab allows students to experiment on zipping and unzipping files.
Here is what you will be able to do after completing this lab:
1) Describe the benefits of compressing/zipping files.
2) Zip and unzip files in either Windows or on a Mac (or both).
3) Describe what an algorithm is.
4) Describe one of the techniques used to compress the data in a file.
4) Describe what happens to the original files after a zip file has been created. (Nothing. The original files are not changed, only a copy is made.)
5) List the different types of compressed files commonly used in programming and web work.
6) Describe why the code inside a zipped file cannot be run.
The PDF version has 16 pages.