In this music project, students create a musical composition using sounds created with objects found in a zippered bag. Teachers will need to prepare zippered bags with an assortment of items that could be used to produce sound. Students must write their project down using symbols they have developed and also perform the piece for the class. A grading rubric is included. This project takes about 5 class periods to complete.
This project meets the following National Music Standards:
2. Performing on instruments, alone and with others, a varied repertoire of music.
4. Composing and arranging music within specified guidelines.
5. Reading and notating music.
6. Listening to, analyzing, and describing music.
7. Evaluating music and music performances.