Zip Zip Hooray! Wait,...What IS a zipper song?
Zipper songs have a strongly established framework of text. Only one or a few words change in each verse. This quality makes them excellent tools for focusing on target vocabulary for English Language Learners.
For classroom teachers or music specialists, here is an approach to target language arts organically and extend if desired into a delightful songwriting activity! Food, toys, animals – is there anything better to sing about? AND - WRITING our own verses - Hello Standards!
Zip files includes PowerPoints for:
• My Aunt Came Back (proper/common nouns, indefinite articles)
• My Little Wagon (color names)
• Peanut on A Railroad Track (counting, rhymes)
• Rocky Mountain (nouns, adjectives, geographic feature words)
• Two Little Blackbirds (opposites, adjectives, rhymes)
• I Like Veggies (definite articles, vegetable names in English)
• Me Gustan Frutas (definite articles, fruit names in Spanish)
Teaching suggestions are included, as are lead sheets - melody lines and accompanying chords. A CD label in MS Publisher is included if you wish to print one.
A verse from each song is included on the 2-minute vocal demonstration audio file in the song package. FREE PREVIEW. Click now for a taste! :)
Clip art came from Microsoft Office or was created by Emily Flathers.