This is a complete presentation on Zodiac, a Serial Killer in California There is also a 20 point multiple choice test with answer key plus a complete set of Flashcards for class discussion and reviewing the presentation. THERE ARE MANY ACTUAL SLIDES FOR YOUR REVIEW IN THE PREVIEW. THIS IS YOUR BEST INDICATION OF PRODUCT QUALITY.
The author is a retired lawyer, instructor and textbook writer.
* You might also like *
Serial Killers/Mass Murderers
Moors Murders: Ian Brady - Myra Hindley
Charles Manson & Family
- August 1, 1969. The Vallejo Times Herald, the San Francisco Chronicle, and The San Francisco Examiner receive letter from Zodiac.
- In the letters, the writer took credit for the shootings at Lake Herman Road and Blue Rock Springs.
- Zodiac included one-third of a 408-symbol cryptogram which the killer claimed contained his identity.
- There was a message to the police from Zodiac, saying that if they cracked his code, "they will have me."
- Four cryptograms (or ciphers) were sent. Of the four cryptograms sent, only one has been definitively solved, exactly as spelled, by the Hardens to wit:
"I like killing people because it is so much fun it is more fun than killing wild game in the forrest because man is the most dangerous anamal of all to kill something gives me the most thrilling experence it is even better than getting your rocks off with a girl the best part of it is thae when I die I will be reborn in paradice and thei have killed will become my slaves I will not give you my name because you will try to sloi down or atop my collectiog of slaves for my afterlife ebeorietemethhpiti”
- On August 8, 1969, Donald and Bettye Harden of Salinas, California, cracked the 408-symbol cryptogram. They were both teachers. They used homophonic substitution to identify the solution, after spending over 20 hours on the cipher. They turned over their solution to the authorities.
- The meaning, if any, of the final eighteen letters -ebeorietemethhpiti- has not been determined.