Zombie Parasites and Mind Control - Science Worksheet Printable or Google
- Google Apps™
- Internet Activities
What educators are saying
Just read the title of the National Geographic YouTube Video about zombie parasites and mind control, and your students are sure to be hooked! Join the National Geographic team as they explore a unique type of fungi that doesn’t feed on the dead like your normal mushroom. Instead, it attaches to live hosts and changes the way they function! Students of all ages will be intrigued by the strange and compelling cordyceps, a little fungus with a big impact.
1. Pair students to watch and answer questions together.
2. Watch the video as a class, then assign questions as a follow-up activity.
3. Assign each student a question(s) to answer and share.
4. Use as a lesson plan for a substitute teacher.
5. Utilize as an extra credit or homework activity for a related topic lesson.
1. Students will understand the concept of parasitism.
2. Students will become familiar with the cordyceps species and its effects.
Included in this lesson are the cover page, link to the National Geographic YouTube video (4:09 in length), student response questions, answer key, and an extension activity.
This worksheet comes in multiple formats so you can use it in any teaching situation!
- Digital PDF for electronic sharing or easy printing
- Includes link to Google Slide Hyperdoc with fillable fields for students
- Video link is embedded into the guide for quick access
- Answer key provided
❤️Follow My Store
Click on the green star next to the store logo to receive new product updates.
Students using Chromebooks should download the free Chrome app DocHub.
It saves their work in the PDF as they work and has great sharing options including Google Classroom
⭐How to Get TPT Credit for Future Purchases⭐
Go to your "My Purchases" page. Next to each purchase, you'll see a "Provide Feedback" button, click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits you can use to lower the cost of your future purchases. I'd be grateful if you'd leave feedback :)