Zones of Regulation is being used in schools across the country to help students self regulate and understand their emotions. I created this product to help students understand their emotions, develop and remember strategies for each zone and most importantly, have fun and be engaged while learning.
Included in this bundle:
1. Poster that shows all four zones and emotions someone in that zone might feel. Also included are actions that might happen while in that zone.
2. Individual posters to explain each zone.
3. Strategy posters for each zone to help guide students through how to deal with each zone they may be in.
4. Bookmarks that give clear ideas of what emotions a person in each zone may be feeling.
5. Puzzle activity- a hands on, out of your desk activity that has students thinking critically and finding the rest of the students who match the zone they are in.
6. Scenario review- a list of different scenarios that allow students to practice their ability to recognize a zone. Students are asked to underline clues that helped them so you can assess what they are learning.
7. Cut & Paste assignment- students read clues about how a person may be feeling or acting and then sort them into the correct zone.
8. Desk Plate strategies- a discreet way for you to check in with students by having a list of zones on their desk for them to point to. Each desk plate also has a list of strategies for the student to try when they know they are in a certain zone.
9. Share Your Experience- an easy to administer graphic organizer that has students sharing how they have felt, acted and experienced when each zone.
10. Use the clues- students look at images and read how each character is thinking to determine which zone they belong in.
11. Calendar Tracking- a calendar template with zone information on the bottom. This will allow you to help guide students to track how they feel each day during the month. A great visual for students who struggle with self regulation.
12. Interactive Notebook templates: A main template about all four zones and individual templates that allow students to create personalized strategies to help them in each zone.
Answer keys are always included where appropriate and all coloured posters/bookmarks/signs have a white/minimal color version for those educators trying to save on printer ink.
The Zones of Regulation is an amazing resource and I hope this product helps enhance your teaching and the learning of your students.