PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Zones of Regulation
Match the Zone [Puzzles]
This activity is based off of the Zones of Regulation emotional regulation curriculum. This curriculum focuses on developing insight into emotional regulation and emotional control. This activity is a great stepping stone to practice what zone each emotion/behavior is in according to the curriculum. After the child/children are familiar with each of the four “zones,” future lessons focus on the identifying the tools that can be used to return to the “green zone.”
• 32 Puzzles
• Answer guide
• Laminator (optional – I choose to laminate my puzzles so that I can reuse them)
1. Print out the puzzles on the following pages.
2. Cut the puzzles along the black lines (and laminate if you’d like).
3. Review the Zones of Regulation curriculum.
4. Ask the student(s) to put together each feeling/behavior according to what “zone” it belongs in.
- One option is having students work in pairs or in a group so they can work together to complete the activity.