Here is a collection of literacy activities with a zoo animal theme that your students are sure to enjoy.
Here's what's included in this set.
* 2 hands-on word puzzles for cvc pattern words and early sight words
* 5 illustrated story cards for your students to read independently
* "At the Zoo!", a board game for you to program according to your needs
* A class graph to complete together, with a follow-up interviewing and writing activity
* The Mixed-Up Zoo, sentences divided by subject/predicate for students to reassemble, with a self-check card and a student response sheet
* 24 colorful animal picture cards with 6 suggestions for using them with your class
* 6 graphic organizers: 2 each of brace maps, tree charts, and double bubbles
* A beginning sound picture sort
* A syllable picture sort
* 16 word cards for sentence building, with differentiated follow-up activities at 2 levels
Using these activities will help your students master the science concepts and vocabulary that you're teaching while also strengthening their control of essential early literacy skills.
How can I use this set?
* Fill your literacy centers with these activities while you're studying animals in science, to reinforce vocabulary and concepts while also practicing early literacy skills
* Have a center day in science! It's easy to prepare these centers for an afternoon of animal learning that also integrates with your ELA curriculum.
* Are you planning a field trip to the zoo? Use these activities before you go to build background or after your trip to consolidate knowledge.
Linda Nelson grants permission to the original purchaser to reproduce material for his or her own classroom use only. No other part of this work may be reproduced in whole or in part by electronic or mechanical means including information storage and retrieval systems without permission in writing from the author.
Thanks for your interest in this resource! You’ll also like…
Would you like to save money on future TPT purchases? It’s easy!
Please go to your My Purchases page. Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Just click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment about the product. Your feedback is important to me! It helps me to improve products and design the new resources you need for your classroom.
Be the first to know about my newest resources!
Click here to follow my store. You’ll get an email update whenever I post a new resource. You’ll also find an occasional “Followers Only” freebie in your TpT inbox, just to say thanks!☺