A fun, engaging, NO PREP way to learn about zoo animals AND check students' comprehension of nonfiction text as well as core standard skills.
Simply show students this interactive PowerPoint that allows them to become "Junior Zookeepers" by learning facts about the zoo animals and then answering self-checking questions that require them to not only comprehend the nonfiction text but apply what they learned and use core standard skills as well.
Students also get to apply their knowledge of the animals with fun gross motor activities that get them moving and keep them engaged!
Perfect to use with your zoo unit or as a skill review.
This zoo animals PowerPoint includes:
• Nonfiction text slides with facts about the following zoo animals: lion, zebra, flamingo, elephant, penguin, and giraffe.
• Self-checking, interactive slides that ask students comprehension questions about the nonfiction text as well as questions that require them to apply what they learned about the animals
• Self-checking, interactive slides that require students to use core standard skills such as counting, more or less, compare and contrast, making 10, singular & plural, comparing sizes, patterns, listening skills.
• Slides with fun gross motor activities that get students up and moving and acting like the animals
• Printable Junior Zookeeper certificates that can be awarded at the end
Please view the video preview for examples of the slides.
You may also like:
Additional interactive PowerPoint presentations