This unit is perfect to use before, during, and/or after a field trip to the zoo, or during a zoo-themed week at school! Please download the preview for visuals of what is included!
• My Zoo Animal Report: Complete small group or individual research projects on different zoo animals! Use these pages separately or bind to make a book.
-2 bubble maps to record facts
-Different types_: Write and draw different types of the animal
-My Zoo Animal KWL
-All About My Zoo Animal writing paper – 3 different pages with different amounts of lines
• My Trip to the Zoo
-Write and draw 4 details/events about a trip to the zoo
-My Trip to the Zoo writing paper (2)
• My Animal Observation – Students draw and write about what animal they observed and what it was doing.
• My Favorite Animal at the Zoo – Students draw and write about their favorite animal at the zoo.
• If I Were a Zoo Animal, I would be a......... creative writing activity!
• I Saw Lots of Animals At the Zoo! Mini book: Copy and use a paper cutter to quickly make these half-sheet books. Each page contains a different animal type (mammals, birds, fish, reptiles, amphibians, primates, insects) and also pages for different areas of most zoos (African Animals, Rainforest Animals, Arctic/Antarctic Animals, Ocean Animals). You can have your students draw and write facts about different animals in each category. They can complete while on a field trip to the zoo or after a recent trip.
• Zoo Animal ABC Order: Cut, order, and write zoo animal words in ABC order to the second letter.
• Zoo Nouns, Verbs, and Adjectives: Students read the zoo sentences and highlight the nouns, draw a box around verbs, and circle adjectives. Then they write their own zoo sentence with a noun, verb, and adjective.
• Zoo Nouns & Verbs Sort: Cut, sort, and paste zoo nouns and verbs. Then write a sentence with one noun and one verb.
• Describe Me! Students color the lion and write adjectives that describe it. Then they write sentences about the lion.
• Describe Me! Students color the monkey and write adjectives that describe it. Then they write sentences about the monkey.
• Zoo Animal Syllable Sort: Cut, sort, and paste the zoo animal words by 1, 2, or 3 syllables.
• Zoo Animal Nouns, Verbs, and Adjectives Sort: Cut, sort, and paste the zoo animal words by noun, verb, or adjective
I hope your students enjoy these activities! Please leave feedback. I love to hear from you! :)