Also included in
- This is a custom bundle I created for a SPED teacher that wanted movie guides for her film analysis class. Please contact me if you are interested in creating your own custom bundle of 10 movie guides or more : )Check the preview files for each individual movie guide for high resolution sample ques$28.99$44.91Save $15.92
- This is a custom bundle created for an English teacher. Please contact me if you are interested in creating your own custom bundle of 10 movie guides or more : )Note: Check the individual products for more details on what each movie guide includes (sample questions, answer keys, CCSS alignment, and$32.50$49.90Save $17.40
- This is a custom bundle created for a Cinematic Studies class. Please contact me if you are interested in creating your own custom bundle of 10 movie guides or more : )Check each individual movie guide for high resolution sample questions to see if these movie guides are suitable for your students.★$32.50$49.90Save $17.40
- This is a custom bundle I created for a teacher that wanted movie guides that concentrated on empathy and the environment (The Lorax) for her class. Please contact me if you are interested in creating your own custom bundle of 10 movie guides : )Check the preview files for each individual movie guid$32.50$49.90Save $17.40
Zootopia is a fantastic movie to teach the concept of stereotypes. Ask students to explore why people treat each other a certain way, how it affects that person and what people can do to avoid these situations.
Check the preview file for high resolution sample questions to see if this movie guide is suitable for your students. This resource consists of 12 high-level, short answer reflection and essay questions that will do more than just ask your students to regurgitate information.
This Product Includes:
- A student movie guide, PDF print and printer friendly version (4 pages)
- A student movie guide, PDF digital fillable form version (4 pages)
- A Google Forms Version of the Movie Guide
- An answer key (4 pages) IS included with this movie guide, however many answers will vary as students are encouraged to construct their own meaning from the characters' dialogue and behavior.
- CCSS alignment indicating standards met, PDF (1 page - see also preview image)
- CCSS Note: I’ve taken the liberty of aligning certain reading standards with the act of consuming content via the movie instead. Although students aren’t reading they are asked to perform the same cognitive functions on the content that they consumed from the movie.
Distance Learning Tips:
- Distribute the digital PDF file or the google forms version to each student
- Use the screen sharing tool on your group call software to play the movie
- Pause the movie at each question to give students time to write/discuss
General Tips for Using this Movie Guide:
- Print one, double-sided movie guide for each student
- Preview the next question on the movie guide as you complete each one, this can help students pay attention to important upcoming events.
- Pause at the times designated on the movie guide, encourage students to debate, discuss and talk about their ideas before writing their answers.
- Discourage students from simply copying answers.
- Randomly choose a student to share their answer and defend it if necessary.
- If time allows, feel free to rewind and show important parts of the movie again for additional analysis.
- After completing the short answers, allow 5-10 minutes for each essay question at the end of the film.
- On average, this movie guide will require about 45-60 minutes in addition to the length of the movie.
Digital PDF Version Tips:
- It is intended for a paperless, 1:1 tablet/iPad classroom
- Ask students to download a PDF editor app if they don't already have one. It needs to have a save function as well. I used Foxit PDF.
- Host the file. I used google drive to share a folder with students.
- When complete, ask students to save the file in a designated google drive folder using a naming convention. (I use LastnameFirstnameMovieGuide.pdf)
Earn with TPT Credits!
- Leave Feedback for this product and earn TPT credits
- 20 Credits = $1 OFF any TPT purchase
FREE Movie Guides & Resources:
Get a feel for my work and see if this resource is right for you. I ask questions that require students to 'live' on the higher levels of Bloom's taxonomy.
- Free Kung Fu Panda 3 Movie Guide (PG - 2016)
- Free The Lightning Thief Movie Guide (PG - 2010)
- Free Home Alone 2 Movie Guide (PG - 1992)
- Free! Story Elements Worksheet
- Free! Character Analysis & Comparison
Your feedback, ratings, likes and follows are appreciated:
- TpT Store - TeacherTravis
- Pinterest - TeacherTravis
- Instagram - Teachers Travis
- Facebook - K12MovieGuides
- Twitter - K12MovieGuides
- Blog & Website - K12MovieGuides
See my movie guides below, by category, or search for one at my