Zootopia is a fantastic movie to teach the concept of stereotypes. Asking students to examine why people treat each other a certain way is a powerful question. Journey through the movie as a class, pausing at the designated times, and discuss and answer the thought provoking questions throughout this 1 hour and 48 minute film. This guide has 12 high-level short answer and essay questions. See the thumbnails for example questions.
This product includes:
A student movie guide, PDF print and printer friendly version (4 pages)
A student movie guide, PDF digital fillable form version (4 pages)
An answer key (4 pages) IS included with this movie guide, however many answers will vary as students are encouraged to construct their own meaning from the characters' dialogue and behavior.
The digital version is intended for a paperless classroom if your students each have a tablet/iPad. Here is a method that worked for me:
1. Ask students to download a PDF editor app if they don't already have one. It needs to have a save function as well. I used Foxit PDF.
2. Host the file. I used google drive to share a folder with the students.
3. Ask students to save the file in a designated google drive folder using a naming convention. (I use LastnameFirstnameMovieGuide.pdf)
Here are my tips for using this educational movie guide:
1. Print one, double-sided movie guide for each student
2. Preview the next question on the movie guide as you complete each one, this can help students pay attention to important upcoming events.
3. Pause at the times designated on the movie guide, encourage students to debate, discuss and talk about their ideas before writing their answers.
4. Discourage students from simply copying answers.
5. Randomly choose a student to share their answer and defend it if necessary.
6. If time allows, feel free to rewind and show important parts of the movie again for additional analysis.
7. After completing the short answers, allow 5-10 minutes for each essay question at the end of the film.
8. On average, this movie guide will require about 45-60 minutes in addition to the length of the movie.
Check out my free movie guides:
Download these to get a feel for my work and see if this resource is right for you. I ask questions that require students to 'live' on the higher levels of Bloom's taxonomy.
Free Kung Fu Panda 3 Movie Guide (PG - 2016)
Free The Lightning Thief Movie Guide (PG - 2010)
Free Home Alone 2 Movie Guide (PG - 1992)
Download these free resources as great extension activities for this movie guide:
Free! Story Elements Worksheet
Free! Character Analysis & Comparison
Your feedback, ratings, likes and follows are appreciated:
*Follow my TpT store
*Follow me on Pinterest : )
*Like my Facebook page : )
*Follow me on instagram : )
*Follow me on Twitter : )
Check out my blog and website k12movieguides.com : )
Check out all movie guides below, by category, in alphabetical order:
All Movie Guides (150+)
Elementary Movie Guides
Middle/Jr. High School Movie Guides
High School Movie Guides
G-Rated Movie Guides
Documentary Movie Guides
Holiday-Themed Movie Guides
Bundled Movie Guides