Word Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
This is a lit log by MrsDsEducationalTools for a historical fiction, based on the life of Zora Neale Hurston by T. R. Simon. The book, which takes place alternately in 1903 and 1855, will help readers learn about and discuss the history of slavery and Jim Crow and their continuing effects on our country.
The focus skills of the lit log are:
* use text to explain/draw inferences/cite textual evidence
* determine theme/central idea/summarize
* compare/contrast/describe/analyze characters/plot
* use text to determine meaning of/analyze words/phrases
* compare/contrast/describe/explain/analyze points of view
Reading level of text: 5th grade
Interest level of text: 4th-9th grade
I hope this lit log is helpful and promotes open discussions.