This packet is designed for first grade! It provides a review of basic addition facts and supports some of the Common Core State Standards.
The math facts are presented on eggs which the children can color (if desired) before they cut them out. The eggs are sorted and glued to another set of eggs with the appropriate sum. The glued eggs become a flap so the students can lift and view the answers after the activity is completed for self-review. A cute rabbit prompts the children to recall a few "tricks" on how to quickly and accurately solve addition facts! The facts are provided in both horizontal and vertical form. The educator chooses which format to use. There are numbered number lines and blank number lines. There is a double ten frame mat. Rabbit counters are provided for children that require manipulatives to add with. The rabbit counters come to you in black and white and color. Everything else in the file is in print-friendly, BLACK ink.
This file is perfect for a spring themed review of the addition facts you have worked on all year!
As an added bonus, a copy of every student sheet within the file is included in a downsized version to fit student composition notebooks (9 3/4 X 7 1/2, 247 mm X 190 mm) should you need to document work in this manner. Please note that the scaled down version will have the eggs the children need to cut out at a smaller size as well. For some young children, the smaller sized eggs will be a challenge to cut out.
This file contains the following activity sheets:
1. Cover sheet for making a book with the sheets if desired
2. Certificate of completion
3. Adding with zero, eggs - horizontal format
4. Adding with zero, eggs - vertical format
5. Adding with zero, page
6. Adding with one, eggs - horizontal format
7. Adding with one, eggs - vertical format
8. Adding with one, page
9. Adding with two, eggs - horizontal format
10. Adding with two, eggs - vertical format
11. Adding with two, page
12. Doubles facts, eggs - horizontal format
13. Doubles facts, eggs - vertical format
14. Doubles facts, page
15. Adding with nine, eggs - horizontal format
16. Adding with nine, eggs - vertical format
17. Adding with nine, page
18. Adding within ten, eggs - horizontal format
19. Adding within ten, eggs - vertical format
20. Adding within ten, page
21. Adding within ten, page (alternate model)
22. Adding within twenty, eggs - horizontal format
23. Adding within twenty, eggs - vertical format
24. Adding within twenty, page
25. Double Ten Frame Mat
26. Rabbit Counters
27. Rabbit Counters (Color Edition)
28. Numbered Number-line - With an image of a boy
29. Numbered Number-line - With an image of a girl
30. Blank Number-line - With an image of a boy
31. Blank Number-line - With an image of a girl
PLUS . . . All of the above sized to fit composition books. Please check measurements of your composition books prior to purchase.
Your purchase is for personal and single classroom use only.
You might also like my newest resource which includes six printable pages of addition or subtraction practice in a "Color by Code" format:
MATH FACTS COLOR BY CODE