Need something for those rainy therapy days? I've got just the thing! Introducing my (Mostly) No Print Book Companion Pack for the darling book One Rainy Day by M. Christina Butler. This mega, 141-page packet is jam packed with language activities focusing on a rainy day theme. It focuses heavily on teaching vocabulary from the book, and includes materials for the following language targets: comparatives & superlatives, antonyms, synonyms, multiple meaning words, comprehension questions about the book, compare & contrast, emotions, and sequencing! It's perfect for Spring themed units, but can really be used anytime throughout the year! The best part? It's (Mostly) No Print! That means minimal printing and prep work for you!
*Note: The book One Rainy Day is NOT included in this purchase. You must have access to the book in order to use this product. Speaking Freely SLP is in no way affiliated with the book, author, or publisher of One Rainy Day.
This packet features two sections. The first is a No Print Section that includes all of the target questions. This section works like an app on an iPad, and can also be used on a laptop as well! It's a great time saver! Each question in the No Print section contains Main Menu and Next buttons for easy access to all of the different activities! Please take a minute to download the Preview to check out how the No Print feature works!
There is also a To Print Section which contains the sequencing activity, a prompt mat, 3 open-ended games, and homework sheets.
The No Print/To Print combo makes for quick and easy therapy. Simply use your iPad or computer for the stimulus cards and pair it with one of the three provided open-ended games. All you have to do is print and prep the game. You'll be ready in minutes!
No Print Section:
• Main Menu to help you easily switch between sections
• 11 Comparatives & Superlatives questions. Targets both comprehension and production
• 18 Antonym questions using words from the book
• 17 Synonym questions using words from the book
• 8 Multiple Meaning Words questions using words from the book
• 22 Comprehension questions about the book. Includes Y/N and Wh questions
• 10 Compare and Contrast questions using the rainy day theme
• 14 Emotions questions. Recognition of facial expressions and understanding of characters' emotions are addressed.
To Print Section: ALL ACTIVITIES IN THIS SECTION REQUIRE PRINTING
• Sequencing Activity in both color and b&w. Print out and laminate the sequencing game board. Print, cut out, and laminate the sequencing cards. Place the game board and the sequencing cards on the table. Have your student place the sequencing cards on the game board squares in chronological order. Once all of the cards are placed, have the student walk the hedgehog through the path as they retell the story in sequential order.
• Comparatives & Superlatives Prompt Mat. You can use this prompt mat as a visual aid to help with teaching comparatives and superlatives. Print and place in front of child while working on the comparative & superlative questions.
• Board Game in color and b&w. You will need game pieces and a die to play. Choose whether you want to print in color or b&w and print the game board pages. All players place their game piece at the start. Players take turns answering target questions, and then roll the die to move around the game board. Whoever reaches the end first wins, but watch out for hazard squares!
• Open-Ended Umbrella Matching Game: Print 2 umbrella pages and 1 game cards page for each student. Cut out all of the game cards and one umbrella page for each student. The other umbrella pages will become a mat for each student. Laminate all materials for durability. Give each child a game mat. Shuffle and place all cards on the table. After a child has completed their language task, they get to draw a card. If it is an umbrella, they place it on the matching umbrella on their mat. If it is an umbrella they already have, place it back in the pile. Whoever finds all of the umbrellas first wins, but watch out for those leaky umbrellas!
• Open-Ended Puddle Jumping Game in color and b&w: Choose whether to print in color or b&w. Print out 2 pages for each player. Shuffle all of the cards together. After the child has completed a language target, they get to draw a card. If it is a puddle card, they get to keep it. The person with the most points wins, but be careful not to fall in the river because you just might lose a card!
• Homework Sheets. Includes follow-up homework activities for the following: Comparatives & Superlatives, Antonyms, Synonyms, Multiple Meaning Words, Compare & Contrast, Emotions, and Sequencing. Parent instructions included. Just print and go!
You May Also Like...
Comprehensive Informal Grammar Assessment
Speech-Language Assessment Checklist
Room on the Broom Book Companion Pack
Connect with Speaking Freely, SLP
New products are always 50% off for the first 24-hours. Make sure to "like" my store so you don't miss an update! Like my store by clicking "Follow Me" next to my store picture.
You can also follow me on Facebook!
Thank you for your business!
Speaking Freely, SLP