at Word Family: Intervention, Homework, Morning Work, Centers|Distance Learning
Also included in
- Are you looking for year long reading intervention or year long ESL ELL support? Children will get to practice sight words in context, build vocabulary, work on beginning sounds, on-set and rhyme, sentence comprehension and beginning inference skills in an easy to use repeated format to help build iPrice $54.00Original Price $108.00Save $54.00
- This word family resource will help your students read short vowel words and short vowel word family words. Children read and build short vowel words in context and in isolation. Children focus on beginning sounds in this reading resource and rhyming words. This resource was made to build sight wPrice $35.00Original Price $69.00Save $34.00
I found this at word family unit to be helpful and have used it in a variety of ways. You can use the unit for morning work, homework, small group work, centers and independent practice or have a volunteer use it with students for reading intervention. This purchase is for the at word family only.
- It is easy to use and I have given several sample lesson outlines to help you implement it.
- I have provided a homework letter if you choose to use it for homework and an instructional sheet to help guide parents. Both sheets also work well if you will be having a volunteer use the activities with individual students.
- Depending on when you use this unit and what grade will determine if it is an intervention unit, morning task, etc.
- It is great for teaching ESL students vocabulary, sentence structure, sight words, and rhyming.
WHY this Unit?
- Simplifies teaching the skill by teaching it in a direct way.
- Purposeful in that a volunteer can use it with students.
- You can use it in small groups or centers.
- Extremely helpful for English Language Learners.
- It can be used for homework or a packet for a sub.
- Minimal prep.
- Each unit follows the same pattern to foster independence.
Children say the words on each sheet to help build vocabulary and phonemic awareness. Children work on mastering reading simple sentences and a few sight words with each unit. Children identify rhyming patterns, write a simple sentence and glue pictures to match the sentences. This is done through integration of low prep easy centers that can be done independently or in small group. Children then apply the skills on one of the independent sheets.
Each Set Includes:
5 Practice sheets ( I use one or 2 for informal assessments)
Intervention Instruction sheet and student sheet in color.
Sight word cards (matches the words in the pattern sentences).
3 Binder Covers
Several Sample Lesson Plans
For ease of instruction and planning get the bundle.
Word Family GROWING BUNDLE: 46 UNITS
Tonya Leslie ♥